RSS Feed

Sunday, April 3, 2011

'Incendies' Movie

Flying. I really do not like to fly but I gladly endure it to have life-altering experiences. 
I would never expect to see important and/or meaningful movies offered for viewing
on a flight, yet that is what happened on my Air Canada flight to Tel Aviv 4 days ago.
The movie in question is a Canadian movie called "Incendies" which translates to "Fires." 
It is basically about 2 Canadian twins who, upon their Christian mother's death, 
go in search to uncover a secret from her past. Since the movie is about the Lebanese
civil war, I presume that the mother is Christian Lebanese. However the movie is never
really specific about the location, which could have been done intentionally.

This is definitely a memorable movie but also tops my "saddest movies I've ever seen" list. 
It's in Canadian French and Arabic and is subtitled.
Be ready to watch/do something ridiculously cheerful after viewing this!!!

YouTube trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment